Accommodation and Cost
We provide accommodation for young people in a safe and supportive living environment. Specifically designed for young people aged 16-25, we offer en-suite bedrooms in Edinburgh House and a mix of one and two-bedroom apartments in Grace Crescent our separate independent living block. When you come to live here you will take part in an induction programme of constructive daytime activities which include valuable life skills, physical activity, training, education and volunteering.
With the guidance of a Personal Development Coach you will create an action plan which will help you gain independent living and employability skills which lead to improved qualifications and job prospects.
Here on the YMCANS Campus we actively promote equal opportunities and offer to provide you with:
- High quality learning opportunities that foster success and achievement
- Appropriate levels of training and support to meet your individual needs
- Impartial information, advice and guidance to assist you in gaining qualifications and seeking rewarding employment
In return, while at the YMCA we expect you to take part in the YMCANS induction programme and other constructive daytime activities. This includes, educational activities and a wide variety of volunteer roles at the YMCA campus.
Our resettlement programme will equip you with the life skills you need to live independently:
- Helping to secure a property and support in furnishing it
- Providing advice and guidance around benefits
- Offering ongoing support to help you sustain the tenancy and live as independently as possible
- Identifying ongoing training needs and progress towards gaining employment
The YMCA housing and support service provides a safe and supportive environment designed to help you make the transition from dependent to independent living.
How to Apply
We are happy for you to contact us if you are seeking accommodation just call the duty team on 01782 222376 or 222375. Alternatively, referrals are taken from all local and national agencies working with young people.
Once your application for accommodation has been assessed, you will be invited for an interview to assess your housing, training and support needs.