Our youth campus is regarded as one of the best YMCA centres in the country and this is affirmed by winning the Youth Matters Award for YMCA of the Year for 2019. We remain the only YMCA to have won this prestigious award twice, having also won in 2014.
More than 1500 people use YMCA North Staffordshire every month from a wide customer base – young people, families, children, community groups, sports teams, vulnerable adults, youth clubs, business meetings, art classes because they find support and encouragement here. We are a place where young people, families and our communities can get access to services and resources that will help them develop a better future for themselves and others.
Vision and Values
Our vision is of an inclusive Christian movement, transforming communities so that all young people truly belong, contribute and thrive.
Our values are based on Christian principles turned into actions:
- We seek out – we actively look for opportunities to make a transformative impact on young lives in the communities where we work and believe that every person is of equal value.
- We welcome – we offer people the space they need to feel secure, respected, heard and valued and we always protect, trust, hope and persevere.
- We inspire – we strive to inspire each person we meet to nurture their body, mind and spirit and to realise their full potential in all they do.
- We speak out– we stand up for young people, speak out on issues that affect their lives and help them to find confidence in their own voices.
- We serve others – we are committed to the wellbeing of the communities we serve and believe in the positive benefit of participation, locally and in the wider world.
YMCA North Staffordshire has provided young people with an opportunity to develop and realise their God-given potential since 1851. Today, it works with young men and women regardless of race, religion and culture.
YMCA is still the biggest Christian youth movement in the world. It is best seen as an international organisation delivering services locally. It is our beliefs that hold us together.
We are aligned with the International YMCA movement and are a major contributor to developing the reach of YMCA in the UK.